The old Silk Route is an ancient hilly-road that used to connect Lhasa in Tibet via the Jelep La Pass to India. A part of this territory is now part of East Sikkim and West Bengal. The old Silk route is the rare confluence of natural beauty and history of human civilization.
The Silk Road was an international passage with historical significance. The ancient Silk Road helped to integrated the old Chinese, Indian, Persian, Arabian, ancient Greek and Roman cultures and promoted the exchange of the Western and Oriental civilizations. Half of the Silk Road, which winded along between Xi’an to the east bank of the Mediterranean, was located in Xinjiang, China. Xinjiang was a place where the ancient Western and Oriental cultures met and many famous historical people visited. Lots of historical relics and items of rare cultural interest were left in Xinjiang.
Tour Plan 1
- DAY 01: NJP/ IXB – RESHI -Arrive at Bagdogra Airport/NJP Railway Station and proceed to Reshi. Arrive at Reshi and transfer to Reshi Eco Tourism Resort. After lunch free for individual leisure activities. Afternoon – enjoy bird watching activities in and around Reshi. Over night stay at Reshi.
- DAY 02: RESHI – PEDONG - After breakfast free for individual leisure activities. Before lunch enjoy the mind-blowing Reshi River. After lunch excursion to Pedong [optional]. After evening tea & snacks free for leisure. Dinner. Over night stay at Reshi.
- DAY 03: RESHI – OLD SILK ROUTE – ZULUK - After breakfast drive to Old Silk Route and visit Jelepla Pass, Kupup & Memencho Lake. Arrive at Zuluk and transfer to nature lodge / Home Stay. After evening tea & snacks free for individual leisure activities. Dinner. Overnight stay at Zuluk.
- DAY 04 & DAY 05: ZULUK – Gnathang -After breakfast proceed for Sillery. Arrive at Sillery and transfer to nature lodge. After lunch free for leisure. Overnight stay at Sillery.
- DAY 06: SILLERY – RAMITEY - After breakfast enjoy a nature trail by walk to Ramitey. After breakfast visit Tinchuley point, Cross Hill, Bhutan Monastery, Bhutan Gompha, Silence Valley, Rikisum. Overnight stay at Sillery.
- DAY 07: SILLERY – NJP / IXB -After breakfast departure from Sillery for Siliguri. Arrive at Bagdogra Airport / NJP Railway Station. Tour ends.