Hundred years back a planters family were inspired by the vineyards of Europe and started tea plantation in the Darjeeling Hills. Glenburn, with 1000 acres of private forest, and two rivers running, is a wonderfully peaceful place to stay and offers a unique holiday experience. At Glenburn, the guests are put up in one of two bungalows. Each one of them comprises of four suites and common areas, gardens, verandahs and terraces. The restored Bungalow is called the Bara Bungalow and the other one is named as the Water Lily Bungalow. Both the bungalows are tastefully decorated and has an old world charm. The beautiful view of the Kachenzongha is another added advantage for the guests. The cozy living area and library with a small sit out is best for the guests who love peace and solace.
Each of the rooms have Hand-embroidered bed linen, Baskets of fresh fruit and vases of fresh flowers from the garden, Hot water bottles and/or electric blankets, Private bathrooms with old-fashioned bath tubs (fitted with hand showers)- in all bathrooms except The Planters’ Suite, Walk-in rain showers, Hot and cold water, Darjeeling Green Tea toiletries, Overhead fans and Hair driers.
The menus comprise a range of cuisine from traditional Indian dishes, to exotic South-East Asian delicacies, and a variety of European dishes.
Tariff effective till 30th September, 2015
|Room for 2 persons sharing on double or twin occupancy||30000||AP|
|Room for 1 person on single occupancy||19000||AP|
|Extra (third) adult sharing room||7500||AP|
|Child sharing parents’ room (3 to 15 years)||2500||AP|
|Children below 3 years||No charge||AP|
|Service Tax||5.56%||on tariff|
Glenburn nightly rate includes:
- Chauffeur-driven car from Bagdogra Airport, New Jalpaiguri Station, Darjeeling, Kalimpong, Gangtok, Pelling, Rinchenpong to and from Glenburn Tea Estate
- Transport for all activities included. Please book all activities on arrival at Glenburn
- All meals – including picnics/barbeques, refreshments throughout the day
- Complimentary tea, coffee, mineral water, fresh juice and soft drinks all laundry, shoe polishing and sewing services
- Personal tours of the tea estate and factory, and a tea tasting session
- Optional overnight stay at Camp Glenburn Log Cabin (2 bedrooms) on river bank
- Nature and bird walks through private forest areas, along river fronts, followed by picnic lunches
- Day trips to Darjeeling Town and Kalimpong (car and driver only, Expert Guide costs on request)