Makaibari Tea Estate, the producer of costliest Darjeeling tea, has seven villages inside it. The villagers mainly work at the estate. In 2005, some of them decided to offer part of their own homes to host travelers. There on, nearly 30 families at Makaibari Tea Estate have renovated their houses to provide homestay to travelers. The rooms are clean and comfortable attached with western style washroom. These are very economical yet attractive option to stay inside a tea garden as well as a chance to understand the tea production culture from a bottom-up approach.
- Located at the foot-hills or top of tea gardens of Makaibari Tea Estate
- Clean and comfortable simple small rooms with a double bed
- Attached Western style washroom
- Local food from their kitchen, dine with them – understand the basic of ‘Momo’
- Undoubted hospitality, may not be professional, but homely
- Explore Makaibari Tea Estate in a native way