Pepper Trail Homestay is a property enclosed by an unblemished wilderness of Nagarahole National Park, which hosts over 250 types of birds, elephants, sloth bear, bison, tiger, leopards, deer, and wild boars. Surrounded by evergreen and semi-evergreen forest, this homely stay is in the midst of serene grasslands with shola forest patches and bamboo trails.
Pepper Trail Homestay has 2 fully furnished bedrooms with attached bathroom with 24 Hrs. Hot and cold water, spacious open balcony. Home cooked fresh foods are served. Non-vegetarians can enjoy a lot of local dishes cooked by the home-owner.
Places of interest
– Trek to Brahmagiri forest, starting from the Iruppu falls and ending at Brahmagiri peak (5,276 ft)
– Visit to The temple at Thirunelli, located 29kms north-east of Mananthavady under the Brahmagiri hills in the reserve forests
– Visit to Kuruva island, a relatively untouched island on the river Kabini, that spans over 900 acres of tropical forest
– Hike to Irpu falls, a beautiful but narrow waterfall
– Trek to Tadiandamol, the highest peak (5,735 ft) of the Coorg district
– Safari in Nagarhole National Park- Entry to the National Park is free and does not require any permits. You have to enter few details such as name, vehicle registration number, and number of visitors at the gate. The road from Hunsur to Nagarhole is restricted only from 6AM to 6PM.
Nagarahole National Park
Nagarahole National Park, also known as Rajiv Gandhi National Park, is located 94 km from Mysore in Karnataka in Southern India. It is spread between Kodagu and Mysore districts. Located to the northwest of Bandipur National Park, Kabini reservoir separates the two. Set up in 1955, it is one of the best-managed parks in the country, with the office of the Deputy Conservator of Forests situated in Hunsur, about 47 km away from Nagarhole. The climate is tropical; summer is hot and winter is pleasant. The park has a healthy tiger-predator ratio, and tiger, bison, and elephant are much more populous here than in Bandipur.
Read travel information on Sanctuary Asia